Opportunity for the right person (or couple) to live on a 5-acre property in the beautiful sunshine coast hinterlands.
We are a young family that have recently moved onto the property, located in Conondale. We seek to transform it according to Permaculture-homestead principals. We have a fully self-contained 1-bedroom double storey ‘granny flat’ available. We would like to find someone to exchange their Permaculture Design and assistance with its implementation in lieu of rent for an agreed-upon period of time.
- Prior Permaculture design experience including real-life design work in subtropic climate.
- Practical skills/experience re seed/plant raising, building simple structures/systems eg. nursery, chookhouse, orchard/’food forest’, swale-design etc
- Any food-production skills specific to this exact climate (irregular rainfall and hotter/colder than coastal area and hungry acidic soil)
- Trade skills (Building/Carpentry/Plumbing)
- Forest regeneration knowledge/skills applicable to this area
- Fantastic views, clean air and out-of-the-city location!
- 10 mins’ drive from very reasonably-priced organic produce both straight from producer/supplier and from Crystal-Waters Eco-Village market
- 15 mins drive from Witta. 20-mins from Maleny (amazing waterfalls!) and Kenilworth.
- Local swimming pool, general-store, tennis court 10-min walk away
- We are laid back, alternative/open minded
- You are welcome to share in whatever food/goods are produced
- 4G internet reception available
- Limited public-transport available to/from Maleny
- Specifics re no. hours of work per week to be discussed privately and varied based on expertise/experience (we are thinking approx 8-10hrs per week).
- Water (tank), electricity (grid) and gas (bottle) usage agreement specifics to be made privately.
- At the moment the granny flat is half-furnished. We can possibly fully-furnish, or un-furnish it if this helps get the right person/s.
Applicants must have references and proof of experience regarding ‘decent-human-ness’ and permaculture design experience. Non-cigarette-smokers only and if you have pets they must not affect local wildlife (eg cat that doesn’t kill birds/frogs etc).
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire! Cheers 🙂